[Drafts] Command Line Survival Guide

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 09:23:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:57 AM,  <rkavalap at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe I tried to mention about this previously, there already exists
> a free open source command line guide in the link below.
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/
>
> It should be a good resource in developing a command line documentation in
> the fedora project. I will try to provide some hands on it some time soon.

Thanks for offering your help and information about this resource. My
primary inspiration was
http://doc.mandrivalinux.com/MandrivaLinux/101/en/Command-Line.pdf --
a bit out of date, but mostly useful, while JamesMcElhannon found his
inspiration in Debian's CLI manual. Nevertheless, it's always good to
have more than one source.

As I mentioned, the text is quite raw indeed. Formatting is bad, but
I'm fixing it as I progress in through all the written stuff.

One thing that is outstanding is that "Commonly Used Commands" section
needs to be reformed with a bit more examples, and uncommon parameters
removed. If someone wants to do it, feel free to; I will start working
on it as soon as I find time.

--
Vedran Miletić