DRAFT stylesheet (HTML/CSS) Available

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Nov 23 16:37:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:03:50 -0500, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster at gmail.com> said:
> On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 07:45 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> > Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <stuart at elsn.org>, spake thus:
> >
> > > It may be better to incorporate the draft mark/warning into the main
> > > pages, then, in addition to anything else (we've used DocBook entities
> > > for this before). We could tweak the colours in the stylesheet, but that
> > > would only work for on-screen display and colour printers as well.
> >
> > That seems a bit paraniod for me.  The goal was just to prevent the
> > Google bots from offering these working copies as query results and
> > confusing the innocent.  It's too much trouble to prevent a d**m fool
> > from printing out what they shouldn't.  Let them waste their time along
> > with their paper; we've got real work to do.
> >
> > It's good enough for me.  I can be bribed ;-)
>
> I'm pretty sure I agree... if someone is bound and determined to be an
> idjit, we can't stop him.  Opening up your browser, seeing the "DRAFT,
> stop before we eat your children," and then printing it out and
> pretending all's right with the world qualified as "idjit" in my book.

Yeah, we are getting towards Darwin Award candidate level. The worst
case that I had in mind was some well-meaning person doing prints from
Rawhide HTML or PDF and then handing them out to class/LUG/whatever, but
as Paul says, they really ought to be able to take the gentle hint.
--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA