DRAFT stylesheet (HTML/CSS) Available

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:03:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 07:45 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <stuart at elsn.org>, spake thus:
>
> > It may be better to incorporate the draft mark/warning into the main
> > pages, then, in addition to anything else (we've used DocBook entities
> > for this before). We could tweak the colours in the stylesheet, but that
> > would only work for on-screen display and colour printers as well.
>
> That seems a bit paraniod for me.  The goal was just to prevent the
> Google bots from offering these working copies as query results and
> confusing the innocent.  It's too much trouble to prevent a d**m fool
> from printing out what they shouldn't.  Let them waste their time along
> with their paper; we've got real work to do.
>
> It's good enough for me.  I can be bribed ;-)

I'm pretty sure I agree... if someone is bound and determined to be an
idjit, we can't stop him.  Opening up your browser, seeing the "DRAFT,
stop before we eat your children," and then printing it out and
pretending all's right with the world qualified as "idjit" in my book.
The only other thing I could suggest would be protecting the document
from printing, but that also seems like it might be a case of
diminishing returns.