Open Source and Education Book

Bryant Patten opensource at whitenitro.com
Fri Jun 2 16:35:40 UTC 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:00 PM, fedora-education-list-request at redhat.com
wrote:

> I had a great session with the editor on the FLOSS in Ed book

Steve -

	That is great news!  I really think an Open Source and Education book
will make a huge difference - both for transmission of information
(many people hate reading long texts from screens) and perhaps more
importantly for legitimacy reasons.  'If there is a book written about
it, then it must be important'  is a common sentiment.

	BTW - I saw a copy of the June Scholastic's Administrator magazine
yesterday.  The cover article is 'THINK BIG - 10 radical ideas to try
next year'.  One of the 10 ideas is 'Trash Windows and go Open Source"
by Jim Hirsch (p.28).

	And so the drum beat continues....

	See you in July.

Bryant