Meeting Log & New Goals for F12

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 05:37:15 UTC 2009

> Now what are our new goals for the upcoming F12 Education Spin?

First of all, to start off with a F11 POSSE
(http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2009) spin for mid-July
to get things rolling and out to users with a stable foundation to build
on. (We'll still have plenty of time after July to roll the momentum
from that spin into a true F12 edu spin.)

Here's the summary of the spin, along with a first pass at a roadmap for
it: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Spin

"The purpose of the current spin is to create a ready-to-go development
environment for contributing to educational packages within the Fedora
ecosystem... our target users are professors teaching classes (not
necessarily education classes) who want their students to contribute to
open-source education efforts as part of their coursework."

Please help us think of features that should be in there!
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Spin#Features

And also people who should use it once it's done.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Spin#Outreach_plan

--Mel