Fwd: Process of creating an education remix

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Sep 5 18:19:28 UTC 2009

>> wondering how to create a custom Linux image for a class he's teaching
>> this fall.
>
> Oh cool! :) Thanks Mel for posting this here; we should be able to help.

Whoa, that was fast - thanks, Sebastian! I should step back now and let
Jeff speak, since he's the one evaluating options. Jeff, does this sound
like something that would fit your requirements?

> I see python-gasp is in Fedora, but a bit outdated... if man-power is
> needed, I could help co-maintaining it. Luke, what's its current state?

(For context, for other folks on this list: Iirc, Luke is the maintainer
of python-gasp in several other distros.)

> Oh, btw Mel: How do we proceed with the education-bookmarks, btw?

Well, I haven't gotten any requests to change the bookmarks that are
already packaged there, but if folks want revisions to the bookmarks
list (that are saved in Firefox by default), just file an enhancement
request against and I'll take care of it; it's an incredibly simple
package (one html file). (If anyone wants to take over maintenance, I'd
be up for that as well. ;)

--Mel