[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] Re: verilator

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 16 08:15:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Lane Brooks < email_hidden > wrote:
> Attached is the spec file I put together for verilator.  You can download
> the source rpm from http://brooks.nu/~lane/verilator-3.680-1.fc10.src.rpm

Hello Lane,

You have done a great job packaging verilator without systemc for
fedora. It is now for sure that fedora will now have systemc.[0]

However, your spec file is 70% complete :), the rest of the 30% is to
make the spec file respect the very strict packaging guidelines [1] of
Fedora. I will help you with that.

Please file a package review request [2] on bugzilla and register you
as a Fedora packager [3], if you are not: I am a sponsor, so you don't
to go and find another one.

Once you have filed a package review request for verilator, we can
start with the official review and hopefully push verilator into
fedora repositories very soon. Also paste the link of the RH Bugzilla
on the Fedora Electronic Lab mailing list so that there will be more
eyes to review verilator.

[0] http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2008/07/fel-systemc-was-put-aside-legal.html
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
[2] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&format=extras-review
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Kind regards,
Chitlesh GOORAH

PS: I am still without my own internet connection. Belgacom is taking
to much time :(

More information about the Fedora-electronic-lab-list mailing list