[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] Re: Want FEL-11 livedvd ?

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:22:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:57 AM, David John <davidjohn.in at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of friends who are also interested in improving the VLSI
> education scenario in India. We get together once in 6 months and conduct a
> 3-5 day VLSI workshop at any institute that invites us. The last workshop
> was conducted at Model Engineering College, Cochin and they have adopted FEL
> for running the curriculum lab courses. The next one is planned for late
> March this year.

I might be in India then.  It will be nice to have the dates of the
workshop on the FEL list also so that we can keep track of whats
happening where. Thanks a lot for spreading FEL.

> Please send me any presentation material that can be used as an official
> introduction to FEL (I am using it only from a VLSI perspective). The
> livedvd will be helpful, I can try it for the next workshop.

We have quite a few materials for FEL.

1. Flyer that can be printed and circulated in the workshop. ->
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/10/fel-flyer-f10.pdf
2. Chitlesh's FOSDEM 2009 Presentation ->
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/RPMS/fel_fosdem.pdf
3. Aanjhan (me) 's FOSS.IN 2008 Presentation ->
http://foss.in/2008/register/slides/Fedora_Electronics_Laboratory_636.pdf

Also we would appreciate any contribution towards our initiative of
getting all EDA related Documentations under one roof too. Check
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/HowTo
If you have any suggstions/ideas/WishList/Contributions to make please
feel free.

Thanks and Regards,
Aanjhan