Wiki page for packages?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Apr 22 09:17:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:32:23 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 19:42 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>

> > Wiki is great for documentation management, but terrible when it comes
> > to workflow management.
>
> I agree. Once I figured the wiki thing out its great for finding stuff -
> I like it. I can't comment on how good it is for workflow, but I'm
> betting something with a tracker like bugzilla would be better - problem
> with e-mail that I'm having is sometimes the replies show up as new
> threads instead of replies to the request thread, I guess that depends
> upon the client responding.
>
> With a bugzilla (or something similar) it's independent of mail client
> issues.

Current major problem with the Wiki is that one needs to skim over the
"RecentChanges" page regularly in order to learn what details have
changed. The RSS news feed only displays the title of changed pages and
doesn't contain a diff. Not even the summary of changes is included
everytime it seems.

Without additional converage on mailing-lists, changes to guidelines,
policies, or processes remain unknown until somebody runs into them.
That's not good.