branches for platform one canot test on

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:15:41 UTC 2005

On 8/26/05, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a policy about doiong branches for packages one cannot test?
> For example I don't have a FC-3 to test a package I just added to cvs
> (pam_ssh if you want to know) but I can't see why it shouldn't work, once
> it builds. Should I request the branch?

Right now there is no requirement that package maintainers test for
each branch.  You should of course build and test locally on the
version of Fedora you have access to, and build for each branch inside
mock to make sure the build process is clean.

And personally, I don't think its worth putting such a strong testing
requirement on all contributors upfront right now. If we start seeing
problems with packages building but not working correctly on some
branches we can go back and think about policy for this, like bringing
back the "testing" dir for each branch in extras.

-jef