missing documentation about dist/tags

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Aug 27 14:36:12 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 09:26:57AM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 8/27/05, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> > However what is missing is the explanations about how to check out cvs
> > "you need to run ./common/cvs-import.sh nameofmy.src.rpm"
> First i dont think you mean "check out" i think you mean "commit".

Yep, sorry...

> Secondly that is just one way... you can of course make individual
> changes to individual files and commit them.

Of course, but I find it very usefull, and not only for newcommers.

> And yes, perhaps http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq
> should be added as a reference to the newpackage process page.
>

> But... why are you following the MarkTwo page? Its not linked from the
> wiki homepage..

Indeed but once it was? Anyway it is not linked from anywhere else anymore
but I find it clearer than the NewPackageProcess, so I commented on that
page too. But the other comments in my mail where mostly for
NewPackageProcess and other pages linked normally.

> And as a new contributor you will follow the link inside NewPackageProcess to
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors
>
> Did you just do a search inside the wiki and found the MarkTwo page?

Maybe a search or a list of all the pages.

> Afaict the MarkTwo page is not linked from anything else. Please
> realize that there are many pages in the wiki that are under
> construction and are not integrated into the process that is expected
> for people to interact with yet.  Please start at

The pages under construction are not marked especially so I comment on anything
I find... But I don't care if nobody cares about my comments so that's not an
problem...

--
Pat