FE3 maintenance

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 20:44:55 UTC 2005

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> With FC3 soon going to Legacy, we are considering slowing down the
>> addition of new stuff to FE3 because of concern that maintenance will
>> lapse.  My opinion is that you should only add things to FE3 if you are
>> willing to maintain it until that distribution is retired in Legacy.
>> This is currently an indeterminate length of time, as the proposed
>> length is when interest in that distro falls to a point where the
>> community is not able to keep it secure anymore.
>
> Is there a stated policy for existing FE3 packages as FC3 goes to
> Legacy?  Does FE3 go to Legacy too?  Are FE folks expected to maintain?

FE will continue to remain the responsibility of Extras package
maintainers, and FL will not be expected to maintain FE.  I personally
think it would be counter-productive to close new package acceptance
into FE3 at this time, but we may want to look into this in the future.

We're still thinking about what exactly will happen.  Your opinions on
this matter are welcome though.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com