qemu.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 14 07:09:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 01:18 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 22:15 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >FWIW, "make i686" fails, see attached log.  "make i386" builds ok.
>
> I see that too. Does it still happen if we use qemu's default CFLAGS
> instead of overriding them? I'm not sure if it's really a GCC bug or
> whether qemu is doing something evil.

I'll take a look later if I find time.

> Either way, I suspect you're not going to get better performance by
> compiling the qemu runtime for i686, because that doesn't actually
> affect the code it generates for itself, does it?

Dunno, that's not what I'm looking for in this particular case; test-
building for i386 and i686 and watching the build log whether our
optflags are being honored is something I do for most packages anyway.
In addition to sometimes catching upstream configure/makefile bogosity,
compiler bugs etc, it helps people who actually want to see if using
different optflags makes a difference wrt. runtime performance of the
package.