DKMS into Fedora Extras

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Feb 21 21:24:15 UTC 2005

First off, thanks Tom and Seth for the quick, informative replies.,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:47:18PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> it's not just for extras packaging - but for packaging discussions in
> general at least that was my perspective. Also it keeps the packaging
> discussion free of the 'this was built' and 'I want this' posts.

But will this noise end up in a ticketting system in the future?  (I feel a
bit in the dark about that aspect.  If it won't then yes, I agree, we need
to get this stuff separated out.)

[snip my context]

> extras is for discussion of things going into extras.
>
> packaging is to discuss packaging guidelines and rules for both extras
> and core - that's why that discussion needed to move.

I agree with the ideal being expressed here [packaging = extras + core]
I just don't want to be so pure we don't get enough fodder to drive the
idealization of good practice.  OTOH, I'm sure all the vocal people will
subscribe to all the development lists anyhow so I'll just shutup :-)

> re: fudcon - lots of things came out of it - we're working on
> implementing those now - fedora-packaging was one of them.

Is anyone doing a writeup of fudcon?  The developer relevant/decison
making/discussion aspects anyhow?

-Toshio