Request for review: libgeotiff

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jul 17 05:38:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 21:38 -0700, Shawn McCann wrote:
> As part of an effort to add some GIS tools to extras (namely Quantum GIS and
> GRASS), I've packaged up libgeotiff for extras:
>
> SPEC: http://www.canasoft.ca/fedora/libgeotiff.spec
> SRPM: http://www.canasoft.ca/fedora/libgeotiff-1.2.2-1.src.rpm

This spec is not ready for inclusion.

* Blockers:
- Installation to /usr/local (Use %configure instead of ./configure).
- Permissions on many installed files are wrong (E.g. executable
headers, executable static libs, executable data files).
- Package does not acknowledge RPM_OPT_FLAGS (Use %configure instead
of ./configure)
- Shared libraries are packaged incorrectly (lib*.so belongs into
*devel, lib*.so.* into non-devel).
- The "Provides:" line is wrong.

* Non-blockers:
- Headers are installed to $(includedir), which means they pollute the
system header namespace. I'd recommend to install the headers into a
subdir of $(includedir) (i.e. %configure --includedir=
%{_includedir}/geotiff or similar).
- I recommend not to ship static libs (lib*.a)

Ralf