WINE

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 29 05:39:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 19:17 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 17:20 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:

> After talking with several people, I think we're going to let wine live
> in livna. The most pressing reason is that for good 3d support, wine
> needs to be compiled against the NVIDIA GL bits, since they're the
> fastest GL implementation for Linux. Until a fast open source GL
> implementation for Linux is released, this will keep wine in livna.
>
> If/when the GL issue is resolved, we'll then revisit wine for FE
> inclusion.
What you say here doesn't make much sense, because GL support in Linux
is implemented via shared libraries.

I.e. you normally compile against Mesa-LibGL's headers/API and use an
arbitrary libGL.so.1 at run-time. I.e. the GL spead-up provided by
NVidia's GL is a run-time feature, not a built-time dependency.

Ralf