http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Eric R. Meyers ermeyers at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 15 12:12:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 02:15, Matthew Miller wrote:
>Just to clarify -- I think Component is a better name for Logical/Task
>groups, not for the "Typal" groups (which maybe, following Freshmeat, could
>be called "Troves").
>
>A "Web Server" component/logical/task group could be something like the
>existing one, containing httpd, httpd-suexec, mod_*, php-*, webalizer, etc.
>
>Then, a package like httpd would also be in various typal/trove groups:
>Daemon, HTTP server, Internet Server. The package webalizer would be in
>Console, Log Analizer, Web Tool. (Or something like that.)

I'm not going to disagree with you.  This is a discussion.  I used K.I.S.S. to
come up with the names for the three groupings.  Three adjectives in the
dictionary.

	1. Alphabetical grouping
	2. Typal grouping
	3. Logical grouping

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=trove

Component and Task are cool, but they're not adjectives.

Eric
--
Eric R. Meyers
Systems Engineer