New package: istanbul

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:27:51 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like you need to add a BuildRequires for gtk2-devel  and
> python-devel to the spec. Once I add those 2 BuildRequires mock build
> goes through against the fedora development tree.

Here is the srpm and binary package output from mock along with the
spec file which includes the modifications I made to get this to build
against the fedora development tree.
According to the requirements specified previously by j5 this won't
build against fc4 or earlier unless some dependancies are updated in
core. I can't comment if those are overstrict requirements or not.

http://jef.is-a-geek.com/downloads/istanbul/

rpmlint output from the mock built binary:
E: istanbul description-line-too-long Istanbul is a desktop session
recorder.  You can use it to record your desktop session and then play
it back for demos, tutorials and presentations.  Sessions are recorded
to ogg theora files for later playback.
E: istanbul zero-length /usr/share/doc/istanbul-0.1.1/README
E: istanbul zero-length /usr/share/doc/istanbul-0.1.1/AUTHORS
E: istanbul zero-length /usr/share/doc/istanbul-0.1.1/NEWS
W: istanbul empty-%post
W: istanbul empty-%postun

Not sure if there needs to be a post or postun scriptlet. J5 would
probably have to comment.
I'm just providing these packages to fix the mock build problems. I
can't comment on anything that isnt a glaring build error.  Im
assuming J5 i still interested in maintaining this as part of extras.

-jef