build status

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Jul 27 16:05:55 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 06:37 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>

>>Once upon a time Wednesday 27 July 2005 6:30 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>

>>>What would be interesting to learn is what buildsys messages require action
>>>by the packager. I've yet to see a single success report. Should I have
>>>received a message for a successful build?
>>>

>>Yes you get a email stating  that the build was successful.  right now  Seth
>>is going to re-queue  failed builds  and Dan  is going to work on some code
>>to requeue  failed builds automatically.  Well that was what was discussed on
>>irc yesterday.
>>

>well I'm going to requeue failed builds that failed for repository
>reasons or for other build-system-related reasons.
>
>if a build failed b/c someone didn't upload a tarball  I'm not requeuing
>it. :)

There have been hints that the tobuild file is on its way out. Until
then, what if my build failed because of a mistake in the spec file? I
fixed the spec, bumped the version, and re-requested the build. Should I
remove the old one from the tobuild file to avoid it being re-queued, or
will that happen automatically if there's a new one (like the old build
system did)?

-Quentin