New package : ncftp

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Mar 6 15:28:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 16:02 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>Well, I'm pretty sure I'm only relaying his clarification on this list
>(won't hunt it in the archives though). As long as you don't mix stuff,
>it's ok to use whatever you prefer.

http://www.fedora.us/pipermail/fedora-devel/2003-April/001155.html

Wherein, Jeff says "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT is the official, supported,
mechanism for getting the value of the configured build root in a build
scriptlet."

Thus, the Fedora Extras Packaging Guidelines state that you should not
use %{buildroot} (refer to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#BadMacros).

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!