Review request: sabayon

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 19:09:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:44 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've imported Sabayon - http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon -  into
> CVS.
>
> 	I'd really appreciate it if someone could review it.

I'm happy to sponsor you on that one.

What I noticed:
- dot at the end of the summary
- please specify the full source URL, possibly use the bzipped tarball,
e.g. (*):
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/sabayon/%{version}/sabayon-%{version}.tar.bz2
- please buildrequire python as you use it to fill an RPM macro
- use %{_sysconfdir} consistently throughout the spec file (instead of /etc)
- I would try to get a fixed user for sabayon instead of just using a
random UID/GID (it's a system user after all)
- maybe set the directory mode ("%defattr(-, root, root, 755)")

(*): For everyone who is scared of RPM macros in URLs, a new version of
spectool is in the makes and this time I might just submit it to Extras.
You have been warned ;-).

HTH,
Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com