New Package for Review: jack-audio-connection-kit (&selinux?)

Aaron VanDevender sig at netdot.net
Fri Mar 25 01:40:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 15:09 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Good. If/when it makes it to Extras there's a lot of stuff waiting that
> depends on it (for example Rosegarden, which was requested a couple of
> days ago).

Funny you mention that. I actually just wrote a rosegarden .spec. I'll
submit the .src.rpm when I finish testing it a little more.

> Sounds good to me. With the proviso that users should be warned, the
> expectation of low latency performace is there otherwise, and users will
> not get it unless they are willing to run everything as root (yuck!).

my (limited) experience using JACK hasn't had too many problems with the
performance (no xruns, etc.) even when not running as root, provided the
correct frame/period settings are used. But I'm sure that probably
varies by hardware and by task.

> Even if it had been worked out the lsm module cannot be built with the
> existing Fedora kernel configuration, it needs:
>   CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
> instead of
>   CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
> and both modules can't be stacked together (at least the last time I
> tried it it was not working).

Perhaps we should open a bugzilla on the kernel about this?

sig at netdot.net
Plead the First.