Request for review: OpenEXR, swish-e

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat May 7 22:02:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 16:33 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 23:22 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 14:18 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> >
> > > Since there are no objections I'm going to go ahead and import these
> > > into CVS.
> >
> > Unless you've found someone to review these packages, please read
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess again.
>
> Oh look, a response. Finally. I was beginning to wonder if anyone even
> saw the messages I sent about package reviews anymore.

Hi Ignacio,

I've been meaning to look at OpenEXR since it looks like a cool tool but
have been busy this week.

In any case, heres a review:

 good:
 - source matches upstream
 - license appears to be BSD or mighty similar and the license
     is included as it stipulates (good)
 - no serious errors from rpmlint on the SRPM

 blockers:
 - should be:     BuildRequires:  fltk-devel >= 1.1
   instead of:    BuildRequires:  fltk >= 1.1
 - you're installing shared libs so I think you ought to have:
     %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
     %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
 - the ownership of the "%files devel" is wrong, you need another:
     "%defattr(-,root,root,-)" for the devel package
 - please delete all the hidden ".deps" files such as:
     /usr/share/doc/OpenEXR-devel-1.2.2/IlmImfExamples/.deps

 not sure about this one:
 - Can the "%{_libdir}/*.la" files be discarded?  Or are they
     really needed?

So while there are a few blockers they can probably (?) be fixed without
too much effort.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD