Questions [moved from fedora-extras-commits list]

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed May 11 11:58:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:38:50 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> So, if I wanted to do a build for FC-2, how would
> I go about it?

Just don't look back. Concentrate on FC3 and newer. ;)

Old fedora.us infrastructure is only kept alive for errata support,
provided that a packager still supports FC2 and older.

> And why does the current Extras build system even support
> branches for FC-2 and even older releases?

Because as many src.rpms as possible were imported. And because keeping
the packages in CVS has made it easier for the fedora.us people to prepare
the occasional update for FC2 and older. Early CVS activity also resulted
in early testing [of import scripts, Makefile.common e.g.].

--
Fedora Core release 3.91 (Pre-FC4) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1287_FC4
loadavg: 1.00 1.05 1.09