libshout, ices, and icecast for FE

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Nov 18 23:00:02 UTC 2005

For a little recording and broadcasting project I'm working on, I
figured, hey, why not use a Fedora system to do it.  libshout is
there, I found ices in Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams's repo, and I found
Michael Fleming's build of icecast.

However, ices wasn't available for FC4, and newer ices2 needs newer
libshout.  So, here goes.

http://domsch.com/linux/fedora/extras/libshout/
http://domsch.com/linux/fedora/extras/ices/

built for FC3 and FC4, i386 and x86_64.

Thomas, as nothing in Fedora Extras, freshrpms, or livna appear to use
the 1.0.9 build of libshout, can you consider my changes and upgrading
the libshout package in Extras to version 2.1?

Ignacio, would you consider submitting ices to Extras, with the
changes I've made to work with libshout 2.1?

Michael, would you consider submitting your build of icecast to
Extras?

Thanks,
Matt

--