php-extras -- some skilled reviewing is needed

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Mon Nov 7 16:43:29 UTC 2005

There is "php-extras" package pending for review:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/170131

The idea  is to add those standard php modules which were not included
in the Fedora Core's php package. The modules' source is the standard
php tarball (they just not compiled by default for FC). All required
dependencies are already present either in FC or in FE.

Due to its goal, the design of "php-extras" is a little not trivial.
(The same tarball as in the main php package, compile only some parts of
the source, different tarballs for fc3/fc4/devel, etc.). Therefore IMHO
it will be better if this package will be reviewed by somebody skilled
enough.

Skills in PHP  programming are not required, as php itself is a "C
application" and there are a lot of good "make check" stuff. Just
non-trivial packaging experience is actually needed.

The review request has appeared several weeks ago. During this time some
people were interested in this package (according to download logs), but
probably everyone have been frightened of the too complex spec-file. :)
Therefore I considered necessary to post here.

There are already some remarks satisfied, I hope nothing special remains.

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry Butskoy