new package request

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Mon Apr 3 22:47:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:08 -0700, Don Russell wrote:
> Michael Fleming wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:16 -0700, Don Russell wrote:

<snip>

> > Somewhat off topic, but this has led me to get off my arse and update my
> > own phpmyadmin package - have a wander over to
> > http://www.enlartenment.com/packages/fedora/5/x86_64/repodata/repoview/phpmyadmin-0-2.8.0.2-1.fc5.mf.html
> > (actually a noarch package that should install anywhere, also in
> > FC4/i386 repo flavour :-)
> >
> > It's certainly not ready for Extras though and more a quick whip-up.
> > Poke me enough and I'll give it more work though :-P
>
> OK... I went to your web page and d/l the rpm.... a couple of observations:
> Your page says the file is 11.59MBytes, but I get an actual size of:
> Length: 3,752,535 (3.6M)

The file size in RPM -qi / repoview refers to the actual size of the
installed package not the RPM file itself. If the md5/sha1sum + gpg sig
checks out it's all good.

> What time zone are you in? Changelog date says Tue 4 Apr 2006 08:00:00

I'm in Australian Eastern Standard Time - the timestamp is the mock
buildroot being funny/odd. I think it tries for UTC and makes a mess of
it.

> Right now it is Mon 3 Apr 2006 18:05 UTC
>
> I'll try to get to your rpm today and give you some feedback.

Cheers - I've already found one item for improvement (proper place for
the web-based install to save the config.inc.php file) but anything else
you see would be great.

> Don

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"