Order of searching

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 13:40:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

AIUI, /usr/local/bin is looked in before /usr/bin which is before /bin.
The same applies to /usr/local/lib.

However, I've noticed with some of my mono packages that when I
explicitly say the _libdir is /usr/lib, that the compiled binaries look
in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig for a .pc file when they are actually
in /usr/lib/pkgconfig (64 bit architecture obviously!)

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. Shouldn't the same order system
work as normal (i.e. /usr/lib64/pkgconfig fails so look
in /usr/lib/pkgconfig)?

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who