Re: Proper Source0 URL for sf.net hosted projects?

Hi,

> I was wondering what the correct Source0 URL for sourceforge.net hosted
> projects is?
>
> I've seen both:
> http://dl.sf.net/<project-name>/<file-name>
> and:
> http://dl.sf.net/sourceforge/<project-name>/<file-name>
>
> And they both seem to work, however I believe that the first form
> working is a matter of luck (hitting the right mirror) and the second
> form always works, is this correct?

Yes - one points to the other. Personally, I always list the URL of a
mirror (in my case, kent) as SF has been known to fall dead when it
comes to redirecting or getting files directly from their own server.

> Maybe we should document this somewhere?

I'd actually say that the packager lists the mirror as the URL rather
than sf.net

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who