On Debian and Fedora experiences

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Dec 7 03:33:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 21:46 +0000, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi scripst:
> > How do we address this use case in a sane automated fashion:
>
> aptitude (not apt-get) in Debian remembers somewhere which packages were
> installed just to satisfy dependencies (this bit could be edited later,
> BTW)

Keep in mind this means keeping yet another package database to track
more state for things on or off the system and the intent of the user at
the time they last changed state.

It's possible but we'd need to make sure this is wired into how the
installer works, too. And did I mention it is yet another package
database?

-sv