Wiki-Update (Was: Re: How to update the package?)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jan 26 11:35:17 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2006, 11:57 +0100 schrieb Michael Schwendt:

>[...]
> Also make sure you prefer "make new-sources FILES=..." instead
> of "make sources FILES=...". The former will replace the "sources"
> file within CVS and not just add entries to it.
>
> "make tag" is missing in your steps, btw.
> [....]

We really should update the wiki with a proper, more detailed
description how to update a package.

The section "How do I update an existing package in CVS?" on
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq#head-7f697c90440af1ee38c3627531ccbfbb918b3267
should be enhanced (maybe it should be a separate page in the wiki).
Something like "run 'cvs diff -u' before committing changes and look if
everything is okay" should also find its way into it. And questions like
"I uploaded foo-1.1.tar.bz2 in the devel branch -- do I have to
re-upload it in the FC-4 branch?" should be answered there as well.

Any volunteers?

Cu
thl