Future FESCo Elections

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Jul 27 15:40:36 UTC 2006

toshio at tiki-lounge.com said:
> So in this case the perfect world needs and the political needs of the
> community coincided.  A new question would then be: how do we balance voter
> burnout (why do we vote all the time?) with feeling of community control (why
> haven't we voted in a long time?) and the efficiency of FESCo (replace people
> too often and they spend all their time trying to get elected rather than
> running the project) with burnout (replace them infrequently and they begin
> to have more important things to work on and stop participating.)

Just an idea: why not have elections when at least 2-3 non FESCo members
express interest into becoming FESCo members ?

We could have a wiki page where people could express their interest and
intentions if elected

We could send emails to appropriate lists after each FC release reminding
interested people to register on the page.

A couple weeks after the reminding email, we look at the page and if enough
people are registered, we start the election process

					Christian