Odd mock build problem

Kevin Fenzi kevin-fedora-extras at scrye.com
Sun Mar 5 21:02:55 UTC 2006

From: Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
--text follows this line--
>>>>> "Oliver" == Oliver Andrich <oliver.andrich at gmail.com> writes:

Oliver> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 03:54:59PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi
Oliver> wrote:
>> genius > > with mock and I'm not at all familiar with ruby so this
>> may not work.  > > Would you care to give it a test?

>> works, even in mock (-: Thanks Rex!  > > %global ruby_ver %(ruby
>> -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["ruby_version"]) > > %if
>> "%{?ruby_ver}" >= "1.8" > > %define ruby_ver2 = %{ruby_ver} > >
>> %endif > > Requires: ruby %{?ruby_ver2}
>> >
>> Hey Oliver -- I just tested this on a local mock build and it seems
>> to work.  Since you're the creator of the ruby-spectemplate do you
>> want to review this and then open a bug report on
>> fedora-rpmdevtools?

Oliver> I will check this today, but my first test shows it works like
Oliver> a charm.  I will submit it later today. Thanks a lot. And
Oliver> thanks for the patch to ruby-http-access2.

Perhaps I have missed something here, but I can see that this would
work fine for local mock builds where you have ruby installed, but how
does it work with the build system? Or does it?

Since as dcbw pointed out eariler in the thread ruby isn't there when
plague makes the src.rpm it passes to mock.

Or am I missing something here?

Perhaps we just need to add ruby to the base build group? Then this
should work.

Oliver> Best regards, Oliver
Oliver> -- Oliver Andrich --- oliver.andrich at gmail.com ---
Oliver> http://roughbook.de/