Odd mock build problem

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 22:18:46 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 02:02:55PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Oliver> I will check this today, but my first test shows it works like
> Oliver> a charm.  I will submit it later today. Thanks a lot. And
> Oliver> thanks for the patch to ruby-http-access2.
>
> Perhaps I have missed something here, but I can see that this would
> work fine for local mock builds where you have ruby installed, but how
> does it work with the build system? Or does it?

Well, the point is, that ruby gets pulled into the build system by this
rpm spec file magic. And this is what I have seen here. >This morning I
build up a clean FC4 machine without ruby and the packages compile fine
using mock. And when I look into the chroot directory, there is a ruby
installed.

This trick is for bypassing the absence of ruby or anything else inside
the mock environment.

Best regards,
Oliver

--