nessus

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Wed Mar 22 18:32:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:46:43 -0500
Gene Czarcinski <gene at czarc.net> wrote:

> I notice that there is a nessus-libraries package in bot FC4 and FC5 Extras.
> First of all, the version (2.2.6) is not current (2.2.7 is current).

Yes, I am aware of that.

> Regardless, without the other nessus packages (libnasl, nessus-server, etc.),
> the nessus-libraries package is useless and I suggest that it should be
> dropped (removed) from Extras.

If you look deeper you will see that libnasl is also in extras for fc{4,5}
and devel. The problem is that nessus-core and nessus-plugins are still
waiting for review and that is also the reason why I did not upgrade to 2.2.7
yet so reviewers can test and don't get the version they are looking at torn
away... once all of them are included (which I hope does not take to long) I
will upgrade asap.

> Maintaining the set of nessus packages (especially testing them on all
> architectures) is a NON-TRIVIAL task.

Well maybe it isn't... I am always open to suggestions. If you want to help get
nessus-core and nessus-plugins-GPL into extras take a look at #182941 and
#185799 and comment there.

- Andreas
--
Andreas Bierfert               | http://awbsworld.de      | GPG: C58CF1CB