groupreq in comps files

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Mar 22 19:07:18 UTC 2006

Perhaps I'm doing something stupid here; let me know.

I'm trying to use mock in FC5, targetting FC4. It doesn't appear to be
installing the buildsys-macros package, hence the dist tag gets omitted
from the built packages.

I made my own copy of the groups repo at
http://fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/4/i386/ and tried to debug it. It
appears to me that yum is no longer honouring <groupreq> clauses in the
buildroots.xml file, as the "yum groupinstall build" done by mock only
pulls in the "build" group itself and not the "build-base" and
"build-minimal" groups that it's supposed to require. Most of the
packages in those groups get pulled in as package dependencies anyway,
but that doesn't catch buildsys-macros.

If I add buildsys-macros to the "build" group itself, the package is
installed and all is well.

All references to "groupreq" seem to have disappeared from comps.py in
FC5's yum...

Paul.