Python byte compiling question

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Thu Mar 30 18:56:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 12:42 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JLT> Since I can't delete these files, either I have to package them
> JLT> or %ghost them.  Which is preferable?
>
> Sure enough, if I do either of these then rpmlint complains:
>
> W: denyhosts non-executable-in-bin /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyc 0644
> W: denyhosts non-executable-in-bin /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyo 0644

I'm assuming denyhosts.py is not being used as a library, only as an
application, is that correct?

Will:
  %files
  %exclude /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyc
  %exclude /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyo
work?  This seems reasonably clean.  You could also try renaming the
script so it doesn't have the .py extension which an initial glance
seems to be brp-python-bytecompile's heuristic.

-Toshio