Python byte compiling question

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Mar 30 19:15:21 UTC 2006

TK> I'm assuming denyhosts.py is not being used as a library, only as
TK> an application, is that correct?

Right, it's the actual executable.

TK> Will: files exclude /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyc exclude
TK> /usr/bin/denyhosts.pyo work?

So many RPM features, so little time.  That certainly does work.

TK> You could also try renaming the script so it doesn't have the .py
TK> extension which an initial glance seems to be
TK> brp-python-bytecompile's heuristic.

Unfortunately not only is that the name that upstream chose, but it's
also what has been used in Extras for quite some time now.  I'm not
sure what would break by changing it.  Still, we're talking about FC6
so I guess I'm free to experiment.

 - J<