non fedora-usermgmt user creation

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 22 21:16:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've tried to get out of the fedora-usermgmt, if the fedora-usermgmt
analysis is correct (need to assign fixed ids in an admin-defined range)
wouldn't the right thing just be to get a flag added in upstream useradd
to support this ? No matter how hard we try a wrapper is and always be a
PITA. So shouldn't the energy be focused on getting the change wher it
belongs, in useradd proper ?

You know. Upstream, upstream upstream. The Fedora mantra.

At least that would get the flames on useradd lists on on the fedora
ones (runs)

--
Nicolas Mailhot