Trouble with the new Amarok version

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sat May 27 13:42:40 UTC 2006

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> Maybe there is value in having an amarok-gst10 and a amarok-helix? gst10
> seems to be the only way anyone will get mp3 support without a
> recompile.

What bothers me is that the Amarok devs removed the gst10 engine
deliberately from the final 1.4 tarball. I've added it back for x86_64
because there wasn't any other engine available there, but I'd like to stay
as close to upstream as possible.

Those people who got mp3 support for gstreamer got it from a repo who has
amarok-xine. They should just yum install it, and they will get a fully
functional engine for amarok. No recompile.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"You do not really understand something unless you can
explain it to your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein