New Comps Groups

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Nov 28 03:05:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 05:10:01PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> How does a checkbox list of 589 packages (roughly the number of
> perl-* packages) make someone's life easier? Is this better done
> via searching for 'perl' in the package search interface, for example?

I did this at BU, on request from several perl developers here. And I've
gotten positive feedback about "all the perl modules you include" -- even
though we have very little that's not in Extras.

But, personally, I find it annoying, because if I'm doing an install and
accidentally check that box, it takes, like, five minutes for Anaconda to
compute the implications.