Fedora Extras Package Build Report 2006-11-10

Kevin Fenzi kevin-fedora-extras at scrye.com
Fri Nov 10 19:49:47 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> writes:

Michael> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:52:34 -0700 (MST), Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> It looks to me like this push might not have pushed any of the
>> devel packages. I can't see any of them on:
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/

Michael> You can see them on http://fedoraproject.org/extras/

Michael> where they have been pushed. From there they are mirrored
Michael> automatically, which may take some time.

Ok. Would there be any reason that the devel packages were not
mirrored while the fc6/fc5 ones at least were?

Michael> When you see a build report, packages are available at the
Michael> fp.org repo immediately.

Right.

>> I noticed this as I was trying to build a new twinkle package,
>> which requires the new ccrtp, and the build for devel is failing
>> with:
>>
>> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/plague-results/fedora-development-extras/ccrtp/1.5.0-1.fc7/x86_64/ccrtp-1.5.0-1.fc7.x86_64.rpm:
>> [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: failure:
>> ccrtp/1.5.0-1.fc7/x86_64/ccrtp-1.5.0-1.fc7.x86_64.rpm from local:
>> [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.  Cleaning up...
>>
>> Which seems like ccrtp is pushed, but not pushed, so it can't find
>> it?
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Michael> The time-out is weird, it is during access to the needsign
Michael> repository where the packages are kept for two days after a
Michael> push. This is the window during which they should be
Michael> available at fedora.redhat.com, too.

Yeah. I was thinking since they had been pushed that it would pull
them from the regular download repo, but it wasn't.

A subsequent build worked with the local plague-results repo on the
builders. No idea why it failed with the timeout before. ;(

kevin