Plone - Zope on Fedora Core 4

Jon Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Tue Nov 28 20:25:50 UTC 2006

Team,

    I've been pushing updates to plone and zope and would like to get
FC4 updated as FC4 is still offered by many hosting companies. The Plone
migration from 2.1.2 -> 2.5.1 does not work. So I am stuck either
waiting for a patch from the Plone devs that would include a fix to get
migration working or I need start a new package stream. I don't expect
much from the Plone guys, they are also looking more upstream.

Am I allowed to create new packages for this updated stream and leave
the 'plone' and 'zope' packages as they are, maybe add some security
patches that are needed. Something like 'plone-new' and 'zope-new' for
FC4? Please advise.

Jon