Plone - Zope on Fedora Core 4

Jon Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Tue Nov 28 21:45:41 UTC 2006

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Jon Steffan wrote:
>> Team,
>>
>>     I've been pushing updates to plone and zope and would like to get
>> FC4 updated as FC4 is still offered by many hosting companies. The Plone
>> migration from 2.1.2 -> 2.5.1 does not work. So I am stuck either
>> waiting for a patch from the Plone devs that would include a fix to get
>> migration working or I need start a new package stream. I don't expect
>> much from the Plone guys, they are also looking more upstream.
>>
>> Am I allowed to create new packages for this updated stream and leave
>> the 'plone' and 'zope' packages as they are, maybe add some security
>> patches that are needed. Something like 'plone-new' and 'zope-new' for
>> FC4? Please advise.
>>
>> Jon
>
> What didn't work in the migration?
   *   Starting the migration from version: 2.1.2
    * Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.2
    * Removed vcXMLRPC.js
    * Reindexed portal_catalog.
    * Recataloged Members folder.
    * Added icons for copy, cut, paste and delete
    * Upgrade to: 2.1.3-rc1, completed
    * Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.3-rc1
    * Upgrade to: 2.1.3, completed
    * Attempting to upgrade from: 2.1.3
    * Installed CMFPlacefulWorkflow.
    * Upgrade to: 2.5-alpha1, completed
    * Attempting to upgrade from: 2.5-alpha1
    * Upgrade aborted
    * Error type: exceptions.AttributeError
    * Error value: has_key
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line 307, in upgrade newv, msgs = self._upgrade(newv)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line 404, in _upgrade res = function(self.aq_parent)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/v2_5/alphas.py", line 24, in alpha1_alpha2 installPlonePAS(portal, out)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/v2_5/alphas.py", line 43, in installPlonePAS installOrReinstallProduct(portal, 'PlonePAS', out)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFPlone/migrations/migration_util.py", line 82, in installOrReinstallProduct qi.installProduct(product_name)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFQuickInstallerTool/QuickInstallerTool.py", line 322, in installProduct res=install(portal)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod.py", line 225, in __call__ try: return f(*args, **kw)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py", line 843, in install restoreUserData(portal, out, userdata)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py", line 328, in restoreUserData member.setMemberProperties(u[-1])
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PlonePAS/tools/memberdata.py", line 144, in setMemberProperties return BaseMemberData.setMemberProperties(self, mapping)
    * File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/MemberDataTool.py", line 314, in setMemberProperties if mapping.has_key(id):
    * End of upgrade path, migration has finished
    * The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
    * Migration has failed

If the acl_users folder from 2.1.2 is removed, the upgrade works.
However, that is not a solution as you lose users or have to migrate
them manually.
> There is a known problem with the 2.5.1 rpm - you have to uninstall
> the "Five" product and re-install the correct version (see
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/60692).
Well, I fixed that. View the changelog(s).

> See also
> http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/setup/2006-November/002608.html.
Also, fixed. (same issue it seems)

> The zope and plone packages were orphaned a few weeks ago. I don't
> know what there current status is.
I am maintaining them now.

> - Mike

Jonathan