RPM

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Oct 23 17:25:16 UTC 2006

On Monday, 23 October 2006 at 17:52, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> >[...]
> >
> >If it's so personal, can we _please_ keep it off this list?
> >

> Where does the personal stop and the private begin? That's the issue.
>
> The reasons for FC not upgrading to rpm-4.4.7 are quite complicated
> and are
> deeply snarled in my personal affairs. E.g. the Fedora Advisory Board
> aoppears incapable of deciding package management issues without
> involving me by name.
>
> I want my name and privacy back, and have taken the steps to do so
> this morning.
>
> Fedora really needs to figure out what they want to do with package
> management
> without invoking my name. I'm one person, and certainly not
> preventing anyone
> from doing anything they wish.
>
> But apologies for too much information. I'm not part of any Fedora
> project ...

I propose that everyone involved steps back and takes a deep breath. If
some people (like Tom and Jeff) cannot deal with each other without name
calling then they shouldn't. Frankly, I'm not interested in those past
personal issues, I only care about improving Fedora's packaging tools. So,
let me ask again: what *technical* issues prevent rpm-4.4.7 from being
adopted in fc-devel/fc7? An analysis of potential problems has already been
done and link posted earlier in this thread.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski