RPM

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Oct 23 18:16:44 UTC 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> Frankly, I'm not interested in those past
> personal issues, I only care about improving Fedora's packaging tools. So,
> let me ask again: what *technical* issues prevent rpm-4.4.7 from being
> adopted in fc-devel/fc7?

AFAIK, nothing technical (that can't be dealt with anyway).

Fact is, many folks have personal/professional problems working with
jbj/upstream. So, the biggest issue to tackle seems to be maintainership
and (re)defining upstream.   Me?  I'm 100% ok with jbj, but I'm not the one
doing the work.

-- Rex