xview anyone ?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Oct 25 08:06:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:46:24AM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> hrmm...
>
> A colleague of mine would like to use a program called treetool, which
> can be used to display and tweak trees constructed from biological
> sequences...  The fun thing is that this tool needs the xview library
> (remember Sun and OpenView ?)

Treetool seems a nice and usefull tool...

> RH used to distribute an xview package (I actually still have a couple
> SRPMs), and I see Debian unstable has both treetool and xview...  Anyone
> around here has an xview spec file that will play nicely with
> modularized X ?

The debian package has a giant patchset (even though the debian maintainer
seems to be the upstream maintainer). So it seems to me that one should
coordinate with them. I don't really want to become the xview maintainer
since I don't use it, but I could have a look at it and try to produce
something by te end of week (unless somebody else is interested).

--
Pat