[Fedora-haskell-list] Re: Test package - Cabal-1.4.0.2 (using cabal_* macros). was: Re: [Fedora-packaging] Revised Haskell Guidelines 2008.08.13

Rajesh Krishnan fedora at krishnan.cc
Fri Aug 29 09:44:48 UTC 2008

> Actually we could face this problem immediately if Rajesh submits
> haskell-Cabal, since it should really be packaged for both ghc and hugs98.

The package I submitted earlier in this thread IS haskell-cabal.  It is named
ghc-cabal simply because I used ghc to compile it.  Look at the
macros.haskell that it depends on, and you will see what I mean.

I can see Yaakov's point too, of having the macro file as macros.ghc which is
specific to ghc.

> Actually we could face this problem immediately if Rajesh submits
> haskell-Cabal, since it should really be packaged for both ghc and hugs98.

Wait a minute, Jens! You are asking for too much!  At this time, I am not too
much interested in getting into hugs98, and I don't plan test any packages I
submit on Hugs or other Haskell platforms for now.

But maybe in future others who join the team might want to create a specific
set of packages for Hugs98.  They would then have the freedom to create their
specific macro file called macros.hugs and create and submit their favorite
packages like hugs-<package>.rpm  or something.

-Rajesh