Various packages (WAS: [Fedora-haskell-list] Mass closure of submissions?)

Miles Sabin miles at milessabin.com
Tue Jun 24 06:49:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Miles Sabin さんは書きました:
> > I have about half a dozen packages which I really ought to get underway
> > (GOA, lambdabot and their dependencies).
>
> Cool: so how about starting with one of those first then?

OK, I have the following,

  ghc682-agda-2.1.3-0.20080311.fc8
  ghc682-arrows-0.4-1.fc8
  ghc682-binary-0.4.1-1.fc8
  ghc682-goa-3.0-1.fc8
  ghc682-http-3001.0.4-1.fc8
  ghc682-oeis-0.1-1.fc8
  ghc682-plugins-1.1-0.20080311.fc8
  ghc682-quickcheck-2.0-1.fc8
  ghc682-stream-0.2.3-1.fc8
  ghc682-zlib-0.4.0.4-1.fc8

zlib seems like being the obvious starting point.

So, the administration. I've looked at the instructions here,

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

I've already created myself a Fedora project account, but I haven't
yet completed a CLA or found a sponsor. It looks as tho' my next steps
are to put the package up on some webspace somewhere and create a
review request in bugzilla.

Before I do that I'd like to make sure that what I've done matches the
current Haskell packaging guidelines. The most recent of those that
I've been able to find are here,

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Haskell

Are these current? And how closely does the most recent cabal-rpm
conform to them (I have 0.3.3)?

I think it would also make sense for me to join the Fedora Haskell SIG
... Am I right that I just add my name at the bottom of the page here,

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Haskell

Cheers,

Miles