[Fedora-i18n-list] Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Tue Feb 24 14:13:56 UTC 2004

Reporter: Kohei Yoshida
Product and version number: Fedora Core 1
Desktop environment and version number: KDE 3.1.4-4 Red Hat qt-3.1.2-14
Short description of observation: Can't communicate with IIIM server

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
$ rpm -qa | grep iiimf
iiimf-server-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-le-canna-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-protocol-lib-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-le-xcin-debuginfo-0.1-3
iiimf-client-lib-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-x-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-le-unit-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-le-inpinyin-0.1-3
iiimf-csconv-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-docs-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-protocol-lib-devel-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-client-lib-devel-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-le-xcin-0.1-3
iiimf-le-inpinyin-debuginfo-0.1-3
iiimf-le-hangul-11.4-1.FC1.2
iiimf-gtk-11.4-1.FC1.2

How reproducible: always

Steps to Reproduce:

1. As root, run /sbin/service IIim restart.  This works as expected.

2. As a regular user, open up a terminal, and execute

  export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
  /usr/lib/im/httx

and leave the terminal open.  No error messages.  Good.

3. Open up another terminal session, and execute

  export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
  export XMODIFIERS=@im=htt
  kedit

This opens up kedit.  Unfortunately, Ctrl+space after kedit is up won't
let me type any Japanese nor does it give me any feedback (i.e. no error
message, or anything).

4. Close kedit for now, and execute

  export GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim
  gedit

Now I see a small rectangular box attached to the base of the gedit
window saying "Can't communicate with IIIM server".  Again, no Japanese
here either.

Additional info: My main environment is en_US.

Kohei